It was a wonderful weekend with my sweet friend Tara in town. Sarah and Tara planned an incredible breakfast and day (full of berry picking, a fine happy hour of fondue and Martinis, and loads of talking and laughter...see picture below) that just filled my heart (and my wine glass) to the brim. I was so blessed after a week of Adam's sweet little activities for me and other friends' notes, etc.
I think I'm just aware that for probably 3/4 of my life so far, my life has been lived for me, and filling me. I've done amazing things and seen and been to amazing places, but I want to know that my life is headed somewhere amazing in impacting too. Yes - being a mother is extraordinary, and if that is all (I shouldn't say "all", I know) God has for me to pour myself into, I am so blessed, but I feel I have been so poured into, that at 30, it is about damn time that I poured myself out. I think, on this birthday, I wanted to know that God was going to lead me to that place. We will see. I think so, but, we will see.
1 comment:
No midlife crisis yet, sister!! You are amazing and doing an awesome job at everything you pour yourself into. Don't sell yourself short. I'm sure there are tons of people who would argue that you have impacted them greatly -- including me! Love to you!!!
Post a Comment