So, I love this book titled "I love you stinky face" because I feel like it appropriately describes our household. I'm actually not referring to the absolutely unhealthy amount of beans that my husband consumes and tries to forcefeed my children explaining it is a cheap source of protein, but the phrase describes the affection I feel midst sillyness/rascallyness that never seems to cease. I adore my children, but it is amazing how my laughter and eye rolls or my affection and frustration are never far from eachother.
Lukas has been especially funny lately with a little mouse trap he set up for his sister (which I already told some of you about). I only heard "Addy, come see where your princess book is" which of course meant I needed to check it out first. I then come to find he has placed the laundrey basket upside down with the princess book trapped inside. But then, nicely placed on top is a cup of water. Lukas is peering from around the corner waiting to see if she will take the bait.
Yesterday Lukas was having trouble getting his footed pajama sleeper on. I said, "Do ya want any help?" He said, "Dawan helt? Stop calling me names Mama" while laughing. I was confused, so I re-stated, but articulated, "No Lukas, I said 'Do you want any help?'".Again he said, "Dawan helt?...Mama! Stop calling me names or you'll go to time out!". This went on until I realized that we was being actually pretty darn funny changing my words around and acting like he "didn't understand and I was calling him names."
Adelaine is unfortunately not far behind in her sarcasm lately as Lukas got in trouble an he was supposed to give her a hug and say "sorry." He didn't want to....so she kept saying sarcastically, "come on....give me a hug....come on sweetie....give me a hug." He was laughing and running away from her yelling "NOOOO", so she kept "hugging" him as he ran (ie - she was tackling him to the ground). Only when he finally hugged her and she screamed because she "didn't really want him to hug her" did he say "I'm happy how because Addy didn't like my hug". So much affection and two little stinky faces.
Oh dear, I fear I am not keeping up with them and knowing where respect and humor can collide and certainly not knowing how to get in and out of a grocery store without wanting to leave them in the car once we get home or tape the judging eyes shut of the check out lady. Thankful I have prayer and a husband and friends to always check in with about all this.
Just an update (but the photos are of our fall extra-curricular classes - Lukas is in Karate - though he doesn't pay attention because he is making faces at me the whole time and I might need to leave the room. Adelaine is in dance and has no grace or balance what-so-ever, but she is in bliss).
3 comments:
as always, I LOVE YOUR KIDS!!! They are obviously the direct offspring of two very funny parents...and seriously, Addie is adorable in her little outfit!
Love the outfits!!!! I am wondering what they teach kids at this age in karate?? I wanted Eli to sign up for it at his school but he opted for drum lessons (which have not started yet btw). Do they just go through forms or do they actually learn a little chop chop??? :)
You will balance the silliness and respect fine I suspect!
A friend on another blog had good advice for the store: find the cheapest bag of dum dum suckers and open it. Tell the kids they can have as many as they want as long as they are seated and quiet in the cart. She said it was the best shopping she's done in a long time!!
cracking up.
so so so funny.
Post a Comment