Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sugar and Spice and ever so Nice




I feel like we are always aware of how beautiful it is in Oregon and I feel like when I drive I am saying "look at that tree, can you believe the colors?" about every minute. However, since this is likely our last fall here (since Adam's Phd is done here soon and we will hopefully find a job somewhere soon.....or things will get a bit more exciting all around), we are just embracing every moment of this autumn. I am enjoying the fall and cider more than ever and we are walking on every crackling leaf possible. These are pictures of our jaunt today.

Speaking of ever-so-Nice - Lukas has taken great enjoyment out of continued pranks on Adelaine... He is actually remarkably sweet to her when it comes to including her in on games and things he is doing. If she is wrestling him really rough, he is VERY restraining with how he wrestles her back softly. However, these little stunts with his pranks are ridiculous. The latest is this: He took her polly pocket princesses (which she guards with her life...he only got them while she was sleeping) and put them in the dungeon (a.k.a. a little animal hospital toy that has little cages and keys). He then strung up the keys just high enough out of her reach that she couldn't reach it. So the scene of her missing her dolls, then looking for her dolls, then finding them in the dungeon, and then not being able to reach the keys was increasingly brutal. All the while, he was quiet with and occasional giggle til I said, "Lukas, knock it off" and he quietly got the keys and released his prisoners. don't know what to say? me either.

3 comments:

Molly said...

what a clever little stinker!
i have a stinker - number three is a stinker.
wonder if he'll be clever, too: could be TROUBLE! :)

these 2 look pretty cute together...
miss u all TONS.

Anne said...

We have been playing with that hospital too, although ours have not discovered how to turn it into a dugeon. They do call it the "pet shop" and Lucy sure enjoys locking the animals up.

Love the pictures!

Tara said...

I just finally looked at lots of your recent pics and read your funny stories. Anna, you're so great! I love your descriptions and your sense of humor. So excited to see you soon!