Oh - some days children just speak the truths of God, and some days, it is a little iffy.
Lukas broke a craft and Adelaine said, "Don't worry, God can fix that. He's a good God" Where does she get this stuff (and how do I explain it when all I know is I'm the one gluing the thing back together later)?
What was wild was that later on today, Lukas had a spiritual moment on the same topic in an ever-so-Lukas way. We were driving and out of nowhere (well, let's be honest, not out of "nowhere' because poop is always on the mind for the kid) he says, "What if I pooped on the road and a car got stuck in it? Would that be silly?" I said quite amazed at the genius things he thinks of, "Wow'....(not knowing quite how one "ought" to respond to such a question...I prefer the "let's make this conversation more ridiculous" route usually): I continue, "well honey, that would have to be a lot of poop for a car to get stuck." Lukas just said as if to reassure me, "God would clean it up. God cleans up our poop." He stumped me. 'Nough said! True Lukas .... oh so true....I would have used different language and all, but I suppose a humble reminder really. Oh - from the mouth of babes! I'd like to see some bids on that sermon title folks....
3 comments:
I LOVE LUKAS!!! Either my kids just aren't funny or I'm terrible at remembering their funny moments. Either way, your kids rock. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!
I really hope the "God cleans up poop" doesn't come back to haunt you in the form of finger painted walls...
Nice action shot of Abby, btw. :)
Love your humor, Anna.
Post a Comment