Saturday, June 27, 2009

You'll take the high road and I'll take the low one


(sing with me to my husband)

You'll take the high road and I'll take the low one

And you'll go to Italian vineyards without me

And I'll break up fist fights in the back of the car

Rather than having a Guiness in Ireland!


Adam has been gone for over two weeks and comes back in 2 more days. Overall it has been really pretty great - with the kids and with his trip. He was flown over for a conference in Italy, but we tacked on a U.K. university post-doc tour at the beginning and a friend -ireland visit at the end while he was already on the continent. So, he went to Oxford (had a beer in C.S. Lewis' famous pub), Birmingham, and Glasgow. His conference in Italy was in two different cities of Pavia and Bologna, where he gave a presentation at one (one night they took them out to a vineyard for dinner - nice), and he met up with a friend from Austria there too and went to the beach. He is now in Northern Ireland with dear friends of ours. Pictured here are Jack, John and Adam. (Jack and John were our ring bearers as wee little lads years ago). Not feeling jealous one little bit. Actually - just super thankful for all the great stuff that happened on the trip - that I still like our kids and can't wait to see my dear husband!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Amen, sistah! You survived!!!
Welcome home, Adam! Well, soon, anyway.

Eve said...

that is an amazing picture! Glad you hung in there with the kids. You are an awesome mom.

The Meyers Family said...

I've been thinking about you surviving while he's been gone. Hope the visit with your family was great - did your dad enjoy it?!?!?! :)

Molly said...

i remember those two little boys at the wedding, anna! can't believe you've done 2 wks solo - you're amazing. WAY TO GO!

Jenn said...

Funny. I know what you mean about being thankful you still like the kids w/ a husband who is traveling! I'll be you all really really missed him & him you!