It is going to be very hard to say goodbye to our little home. Adam has put so much into our home. The ivy that has overtaken the ground was originally in a tiny pot in Colorado. Adam has since transplanted it a million times all over the yard. The Purple Plum tree was the tree we put in when Adelaine as born. The red rose bush was given to us by my mother for our anniversary to match our red trim of our house. Adam made the red bench for my 30th birthday. Adam created the trellis on the side of the house to create privacy. It is now covered in vines and one of the prettiest areas of the yard. We have fruit trees along our driveway that are promising amazing fruit this summer and blueberry, strawberry, and raspberries galore too. Inside, Adam made the room under the stairs into and ocean room and painted it beautifully as such. I love this home.
But, of course, I love the memories that happened here:
A week ago Lukas was watching "Where the Wild Things Are". After it was over, Adam looked at him and Lukas was just crying. Lukas said, "The mom was still happy to see the boy." Adam hugged him. Lukas and Adam got out some ice cream. Adam looked over to Lukas and saw he was still crying. Lukas said, "I'm not sad. I just can't stop crying."
2 days ago, Adelaine, in all her genetic self-confidence, was starting to ride her bike was coaching herself saying "I can do this. I will do this. I will ride my bike." She of course, runs into a wall. She gets up, unphased (sometimes I kind of wish she was phased for a little wisdom check), and says more determined, "I CAN DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS". No pep talk needed for that girl.
2 comments:
Your kids are awesome. It will be SOOO interesting to see how they do with my kids this summer! I'm hoping my kids get a bit of Goodworth Goodness in their systems... :)
I do love this picture of the red bench Adam made. You'll take it with you, won't you?
Post a Comment