Friday, December 26, 2008

Hap Hap Happiest Season of All







It has been a crazy holiday season for our family for many many reasons, but the biggest bummer of distractions at this time of year is the let down that I feel when I feel like I've missed "Christmas". I'm not really sure what it is supposed to feel like midst traditions (and I LOVE traditions) and celebrations. All I know is that I want to "get it" for just one day (because I think one day of getting it would change my life) that God came so far and entered my crap to be close to me, that He can do ANYTHING in the lives of my children, and that He is doing SO MUCH that I don't even see. Maybe I can start with just "getting it" for a minute. Maybe a minute is all I get this Christmas and maybe that will be enough.



Attached are pictures of some great times midst our little family Christmas - building an igloo (one picture on the outside, one taken while reading books inside the igloo) and Adelaine opening her Christmas stocking Christmas morn.

2 comments:

The Meyers Family said...

love adam's face in the photo - priceless! And how awesome that you stayed in Portland and had an amazing white Christmas. No snow to be found around here right now! Anyhoo, I miss you guys...

Carrie Wallace said...

Love the pics and your thoughts on the last few posts. Miss you and love you...