

I thought I was going to Bust with anxiety over flying with Adelaine on my lap (particularly the overnight flight back) from Alaska. Though it was not enjoyable, I'm so thankful for the blessings in travel and overwhelmed with what a great "weekend" trip I had to Alaska to visit my friend Molly and her sweet family. It seems strange to visit Alaska for a weekend, but that is what I did. Though I expected we'd just hang out at home with her three boys, we ended up going to a sweet little fishing town, going to a mountain range pass, and enjoying a beautiful walk. You can't beat waking up to find a mama moose with her two babies outside the window, or looking up to see a bald eagle, or even seeing a dog sled team on the side of the road. I loved getting to know her kids and seeing her world, including her incredible photography business (which the images attached are from her!). I wanted to upload more, but my computer is super slow, so I'm just doing my two favorites.
Meanwhile, Adam and Lukas had Adam's sister (and her puppies) here to visit, which was just wonderful. Lukas soaked all of her (and the dogs in). I'm jealous I missed her, but am so glad for the timing to have Lisa take care of Lukas while I was gone. What a weekend!
One last thing of note: I've heard Adelaine recently talking to herself in her crib lately "practicing speech". This is new to us as Lukas never really did this. After sharing a room with her this weekend, I'm finding that this is what she consistently practices saying when by herself: "No Mama. No mama. NO mama. no MAMA...."..all in different tones and pitches and emphasis, over and over and over again. Funny now - not thinking it will be funny in a few months.
2 comments:
the photos are awesome - lainie is just beautiful! And I love the "no Mama" - isn't this a phrase that Lukas has mastered?!?!? I'm guessing she hears it 25 times a day, at least. :) Miss you and cant wait to see you in a few weeks.
LOVE the pictures. Love that you got to go to Alaska. Love your kids. Love you!!
Post a Comment