Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sunshine and Rain


As we are losing sunshine here in Oregon everyday and the rain is starting to creep in more and more (though the trees this time of year are unreal beautiful), I am finding that I am seeing a lot of sunshine and rain extremes in my 3 1/2 year old. I just love my boy. We have so much fun and we cuddle and he cracks me up. I also can get so frustrated with him lately - mostly for NOT having self control (primarily at preschool where he seems to be attempting to make another residence in the time out chair for misbehavior). So far is it primarily goofiness and it is getting better (and I am chilling out as well). So, I take this opportunity to look at the amazing things in my kids' life. One - his speech is improving and I praise God. A long journey and lots of work surely still awaits us, but I'm so thankful for a recent surge of speech. Secondly - the kid is obsessed with art and is pretty good at it. Attached is his recent portrait of his daddy. Granted this is the best of the best (though he did a drawing of a snail today out of the blue that rocked AND I might note he did a random drawing of an x/y axis with dots and parabalas....hmmm...seriously, he did). We'll see if it continues, but these things are so encouraging when other things like speech (or behavior) can seem frustrating.

1 comment:

Carrie Wallace said...

Our future artist genius! I miss little Lukas. :(