Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy To You!


Adelaine has been practicing for Lukas' birthday singing "Happy to You" for a while and today we got to sing to him. We had won a birthday party package at the Women of Vision auction last year and celebrated Lukas birthday today at the Children's Museum with some of our dearest friends in Oregon (our care group and my former MOM's group from Sunset Pres). It was nice to have just everyone know each other too. We will get to celebrate with a couple other sweet friends in different ways this week. How blessed our boy is to have so many great kids around him that we love so much too.

Other notes:
Adam had an amazing weekend last weekend with two good guy friends at at Renewal Center and got to hike around Silver Falls (where you even hike under the waterfalls). He felt God speak truth to him and got to enjoy some incredible guys too!


Lukas was being mean to Adelaine in the car (which happens everyday) and I asked him to knock it off. He contemplated and said, "I'll tell Jesus to make me new." Pretty good theology actually. I think we all nee a little reminder that we are made new too Lukas!


We still have some bumps in the road (I wish that was all it was) with Lainie's potty training, but in the midst of it, every once in a while after I go to the bathroom and flush the toilet, Adelaine will run up to me and say, "Mama, I'm so proud of you." Well - heck, Adelaine, thanks! At least someone thinks I'm doing something right. You're right! I didn't crap my pants. It IS a good day today! A little reminder to take pride in the small things!

2 comments:

The Meyers Family said...

Happy Birthday, sweet boy! And Anna, Jon and I just laughed out loud at your comments about using the potty. Too funny and too true!

Carrie Wallace said...

"I didn't crap my pants." Congrats! :)