In college we had a little game we played called Yay Boo....it went like this as a little song:
Yay Boo Yay Boo lot's of fun to do
I say "Yay", and you say "Boo"
"Friends"...."Yay"
"Just friends"...."Boo"
In motherhood, I have found this little tune to lighten up many a dreary moments
Examples...
During potty training Lukas
"My kid recognized he had to go pee and ran to the bathroom" - "Yay"
"He missed the toilet and hit all other feasible surfaces" - "Boo"
During Lukas' speech delay struggles
"Lukas is finally starting to formulate words" - "Yay"
"His favorite words are poop and penis and butt" - "Boo"
When Adelaine was about 2
"Lainie is talking more than I ever heard Lukas" - "Yay"
"I can't get her to stop saying the same things over and over and over" - "Boo"
the list goes on and can be ever delightful
Currently, it is this:
"Lukas said the sweetest thing to Adam - 'Daddy, even when I am mad at you, I still love you'"- "Yay"
"He still screams bloody murder everytime he is trouble, yet still 'loving us'" - "Boo"
"Adelaine is really starting to play with Lukas, being nice and listening to him" - "Yay"
"She listened to him when he told her to moon his teacher who was over for lunch" - "Boo"
Just being humbled - again..and then, again...and then one more time.
3 comments:
first of all, so impressed (and a little disturbed!) that your son knows what "mooning" is. Second, even more impressed that he knew the humor in having Lainie perform for his teacher. I LOVE YOUR KIDS!!!
Dude - you left that detail out when you were telling me about having her over!!! I'm sure that was awesome.
AWEsome! That beats our "crusty person" song from college....which you sing when you are grumpy and just don't care.
Post a Comment