
So, I didn't realize how fun it would be to be called "Auntie Anna", but I'm having a blast. God has been super good to us these first few weeks.
Our trip to Connecticut was great. It was great to be with Adam's parents and it was great to be just with Adam. The kids had a complete ball with their aunt and uncle, Lisa and Scott. So grateful! We got so much more excited about our new adventure to Connecticut as we fell in love with Simsbury, CT (just NW of West Hartford) and I got to see Adam respected and supported by his new coworkers. Pretty amazing. We made an offer on a old house too (not kidding on old - it was built during the Civil War).
Nannying has been great. I've been listening to Love and Logic on my car rides to make sure I am on my A-game with my own kids and others' kids. The kids legitimately have also been AMAZING. We have discovered super fun parks and pools and found a routine.
I've gotten to visit my parents' cabin once and will again this weekend. I was surprised how much I really did love it there and how beautiful it was surrounding it. The kids were surprisingly chill and I ACTUALLY READ A BOOK! What the heck!
We've seen a number of friends already (pictures posted) and just LOVE it. This is why I wanted a Colorado summer - for family and friends (to reconnect before our move). I'm so grateful I'm already getting to do it!.
A huge praise: God is doing something in Lukas - either with growing his self-confidence or just his social skills, but he has initiated great social play with other kids, introduced himself to kids and made new friends (even in VBS - a place of hyper-stimulus that normally would have wigged him out). We praise God for this new side of him. I have cried in gratitude! Please thank God with us.
I miss my Adam, but we have kept good with phonecalls. He has had one great visit and will visit again soon. I am proud of the man I married and all his hard work!!!!
Hey you Oregon friends - I sure do miss your company though. I think of you often - which isn't hard to do, because I'm just kind of aware that I'm not with you.
2 comments:
We LOVE Auntie Anna! So glad we get to be a part of your CO summer.
This Oregon friend misses you like crazy and I have two kiddos that still are asking for play dates with Lukas & Lainie. Thanks for the sweet b'day gifts for Grant!
Post a Comment