Thursday, September 9, 2010

Trying to settle in











I admit I'm really homesick (for 2 different states) and mostly just for friends that know me and for more instantly-friendly people, but we have been trying go finish our last unpacking and settle into the fact that our house is NOT going to look how we want to for quite a while. The town of simsbury itself is cute, cute and we have even made it to the beach. We have enjoyed being close to Adam's parents a great deal and I'm grateful! Would love prayers for friendships, a church, an ability to feel settled in spite of not being settled, and perhaps a job for me in the next few months probably.


Photos are of my favorite stop in our little town (yes, Starbucks - pathetic), Children's Museum, the beach, and Lukas' first week of Kindergarten!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh, the Starbucks looks so quaint!!! I can't wait for you to post pictures of your new house, it was simply adorable.

When we got home, I put the present for Lucy's birthday away safely on the top of the refrig. so we wouldn't have it opened before the big day. YESTERDAY, I noticed it up there. Ooops. I week late! She had a fun time opening it, and it was so adorable! You are always so thoughtful to remember holidays and birthdays...especially since that is SO not my strong suit.

I love you friend and I am praying that you will find some wonderful new girlfriends to welome you to town!!!

Hugs!
Anne

Unknown said...

Miss you guys so much my friend. Care Group girl meetings and pre-school drop-offs don't feel the same without you. So wish we were closer, but know you all are thought of a TON and loved so much!