Adelaine is taking a Spanish Immersion class with her preschool. It was a high priority to me and pretty expensive, so I confess I'm really hoping to get a bit more out of her than the occasional "Hola". This is about how it goes:
1 - Sometimes if we say an English vocab word she doesn't know she asks, "Is that Spanish?". "No, Adelaine, that isn't Spanish....do you want to practice your your spanish?" "No thanks."
2 - I turn as many of our movies onto the spanish version as possible and my observant children notice about 1/2 hour in and say "Hey.....come on!"
or 3 - Adelaine says, "Bananano0na - That's Spanish for Purple." "No it isn't, honey." "Oh"
Above is a photo of Lukas' preparation for Halloween - one is his search for a costume - a "pothead" (no.....not knowing all its possible meaning....though I do giggle inside and kind of wish he did get to glory in his humor).
Second photo is of a bat he made out of a sock. He makes random crafts and just brings them to me - this is one of them. Cut the wings, taped them on. Glued a bunch of blue/black beads on and some googly eyes. But then he sheeshily asks, "But mom, what do I do now....I only have one sock?" I look down an indeed, he had used the sock off his own feet and was barefoot now on one foot. "Well - some people have 2 socks and some people have bats...you have a bat." He was satisfied.
2 comments:
Love the sock bat...too funny! So great to see you this weekend; wish it had been longer!
THIS WHOLE POST CRACKED ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally makes me miss you.
oxo
M
Post a Comment