Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tumbling Tots and Drinking Lots


Just a picture of Adelaine's last Tumbling class and some reasons why the summer may be long and full of margaritas (both in celebration and desperation!):


Sassy and Sweet:

Yesterday - Sassy:

Going around the grocery store in the car cart (too big and awkward for anyone - really dumb that I did it at all), but the kids in the car "acting like mom and dad". Lukas yells "Hey you kids, if you kick the car - I spank you, I spank you so hard" and hits the car (by the way - not sure we've ever yelled at them as "kids" and never have we spanked them by turning around in the car to just hit them - AND spanking almost only comes after the they won't adhere to a time out.). Adelaine is also lovingly yelling "spank you, spank you!". I am very aware that Lukas is yelling this loudly in the grocery store and I say truthfully "yeah right Lukas - we have never yelled that to you"...he smiles at me and keeps on yelling it.

A little later in the day, Adam had gotten the bathroom door wet with some water . Lukas sees it and laughs and starts taunting the door, "ooooohhh door...you peed your pants door...bummer for you..no candy for you door...peeing your pants."

Today - Sweet:

In the morning drinking my coffee, both kids wanted to snuggle me on my lap, saying they love me. Adelaine sounds like a cartoon parrot when he repeats, "Mama" affectionately. Lukas is snuggling me lately where he sounds like a cat rubbing his face against me almost purring. I'll take it as just lots of emotion and not think yet about how weird it is if it continues.

Lukas did something mean to Adelaine and I asked him to go upstairs to think about what it means to be nice (real winner of a Love and Logic moment - I've been running out of ideas and it is only the first week of summer). BUT - it ACTUALLY panned out for me - becaust when I came upstairs a little later, Lukas started putting away his laundry into his drawers and said, "I'm thinking about what it means to be nice to you Mama". I thought that rocked, only to be topped a little later when he had decorated a bag full of gifts (ie: - things from his room) for me that he thought I'd like: a stuffed dog (because I love dogs), a princess hat (so I can be a princess like Lainie), a picture he drew, and some soap (because I was out of it in our bathroom). Props kid!

I miss preschool, but I do love the sun!

3 comments:

The Meyers Family said...

awesome moments! I need to be better about capturing the good (and bad!) ones around here...

Eve said...

That is so awesome! I love the gifts. He knows your love language already!

Jenn said...

Love this post!