Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just hanging out

Adam is on an interview trip to Connecticut. I'm hanging out with the kids in the normalities as we await our next locale.

Walking through the nature park...
Adelaine: "Mama, there was a weird chocolate on the ground."
Anna: "Do you mean the poop?"
Adelaine: silence
Anna: "Hunny - let's not trust those little hunger instincts just yet, k?"
Adelaine: "Oh"


Lukas has been into super heros and some of them are a bit scary, so I thought I'd give "Bibleman" a try. Yeah it is super cheesy and I made fun of it in college, but the kid isn't even 5 yet. He won't know any difference, right? Wrong:
Lukas scans the cover of the library dvd out of the stack of other movies
He smirks
He casually comes over to me
Lukas: "Mama, is this your movie?"
Anna: "No, I got it for you. He is a superhero."
Lukas: "Ohhhh...so you love it."
Anna: "Whatever, Lukas - it is for you."
Lukas: "Ohhh....so it is YOUR movie. Go ahead and watch it Mama, I know you love it."
I glare at him
He smiles and walks away

1 comment:

The Meyers Family said...

Lukas is my favorite; i'd be lying if I told you otherwise. His ability to use dry humor and wit is truly remarkable. well done, my friend. well done.