Sunday, February 14, 2010

Soul Search

I think I already know my children's theology:

Lukas was in back of the car singing his version of patty cake as "potty cake" (...again with the potty humor, but it actually rhymed and everything). I didn't have any quick natural consequences off the top of my head so I think I said something lame and slightly guilt-ridden like: "Lukas, I really don't like your potty talk. It makes me sad to think that your head and heart might have too much of these words in them" Then I see in the rear view mirror him clasp his hands together and put his folded hands in front of his face and say, "Dear God. Please change my heart.....I try to be good, but I forget." (I'm still not sure if he was sincere or sarcastic - I think a mixture of both, since I've seen both sides of him in prayer). Then Adelaine, the victorious Christian says, "No Lukas, say 'Thank you God for changing my heart. Amen." Well - they just exhibited the two sides of faith that Adam and I waffle between in our own lives. I feel like Lukas, but want to be Adelaine. wow

2 comments:

Eve said...

I love this. So telling of their relationship!

The Meyers Family said...

Ms. Lainie sure has it all figured out! Here's hoping that proves to be true in about 10 years... :)