Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Picture says a Thousand Words




Our good friends took the kids' pictures for their 3rd/5th birthdays. The first photo is cute and I like it, but very staged and controlled (unlike anything close to our children). The second photo is a little more telling. Adelaine trying to pose all cute (slightly awkward as she is trying to please me and smile, but hs no balance and about to fall over). Lukas isn't trying at all, only mocking his sister. I believe he was sarcastically saying (while patting her head) "Isn't she so cute?"


Adelaine has been trying to get back at him lately, unfortunately by lying to get him into trouble (a trait I fear is haunting me from what I did to my older brother). Just today driving home, I heard her say, "Mama, Lukas called me a farty face." I look at Lukas, ready to come up with some lame attempt at a Love and Logic consequence, but rather than his usual guilty look, he looks super surprised and say, "Hey - no I didn't." Adelaine realizes she is about to get in trouble for lying and just smiles and says, "Oh yeah. He didn't say that. I was just joking." (She now sits sadly in her room early for a nap, not allowed to watch Harold and the Purple Crayon). So sad.

No comments: